Links

Home     About     Contact     Press     Yellow Skirt     SKETCHES

Friday 27 January 2012

My First Post

This is frightening. I started an outfit blog before featuring DRAWINGS of my outfits but never me in them: 1) I was scairt; 2) I felt like a dork; 3) I live a Japanese lifestyle, no shoes allowed indoors, so when I DID try to take pics, I had to run back and forth to the camera without shoes, then put my shoes on real fast standing on a paper towel, then pose before the self-timer went off - lots of photos of me bent over. Not a good look! After posting a month's worth of illustrations, I took the blog down anyway. It was freaking me out.

Now I've decided to take photos where I CAN take them - in my art studio. No shoe worries and my art is like a security blanket. I'll try to mix up my backdrops a bit so you don't get bored.

I want to thank you, outfit bloggers, for your posts You have given me courage and inspiration. I LOOOVE checking you out in your fabulous looks. There is so much ugliness in the world, so your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

Details of this outfit:
vintage patterned shirt in a torture fabric (love it)
vintage gold upholstery fabric pants (what's with the torture fabrics today?)
thrifted shoes, beret, embroidered leather belt
vintage sunglasses
vintage cape - I LOVE this cape!! 

QUESTION: Am I weird or does anyone else like the feeling of odd fabrics on your skin?





This look has an old-world feel to it so I thought I'd try something black and white. If you were to see just this photo you would probably never guess I took it in 2012. Sometimes I'm blurry because I still have the problem of running back and forth to the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie. I'm going waaaaay back in your style blog. I just love how you mix stuff up, but I've told you this before.
    Well, moving on the more of your posts...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...