Links

Home     About     Contact     Press     Yellow Skirt     SKETCHES

Friday 27 January 2012

Military Bearing?

My favourite thing about this outfit is the brown socks over the black tights so I'm not too matchy and all the men's pieces. I'm getting pretty good at knotting men's ties.

Details:
thrifted white shirt made in France with 26 tiny front snaps
thrifted pinstriped skirt, boots, tie, beret
men's cashmere overcoat and vest: belong to O, custom made for him so I must be careful!

This is one of those outfits I wear and people ask me if I'm from Paris, although I get that fairly often anyway. Put on a hat in a sea of yoga pants and immediately you're an out-of-towner.

I've included another B&W photo. It looks like I'm a general looking for enemy troops cresting a distant hill. I'm hoping the dork factor may diminish the more I get used to posing but better lighting would be good.





3 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the menswear look. Socks over tights--who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for your comment. I like to break up a solid tights with socks, but socks also provide another layer of warmth, which is great in cold, wet weather.

      Delete
  2. You haven´t got a google follow gadget, ahhhhhhhhhhh
    How can I follow you???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...