Links

Home     About     Contact     Press     Yellow Skirt     SKETCHES

Monday 30 January 2012

Colour on Warp Factor 4

I love when colours clash (sometimes) - and today was one of those days!

Details of what I'm wearing:
gifted Cirque du Soleil sleeveless T
Fiorucci patterned jeans bought in Tokyo over 20 years ago
Miu Miu boots thrifted for $10 (and the next day I saw them in Vanity Fair, score!)
maxi cardigan with very useful pockets by Metallicus
ultra lucky life pendant hand-made by O for me, stainless steel

Apart from the pendant, my favourite thing here is my matryoshka teacup holder, which I made with the help of O who custom-made the brass fittings, as you can see in the photo below. Nothing like drinking my favourite coffee at my favourite coffee shop from my favourite teacup from my great great great grandmother, which my mother sent to me. Mmm. I have a couple other teacup holders that you'll see sometime here.

I'm excited to take part in Visibility Monday for the first time, although I've been following Patti's blog, Not Dead Yet Style, for quite a while. In fact, her blog was the first style blog I ever stumbled across. Thank you, Patti!

Sorry, I've had to photoshop here because I have yet to fix my lighting problem, but the colours are pretty accurate.



You can see the brass fittings in the far right photo, and O made the slits in the top for the strap to go through.



12 comments:

  1. Hello Melanie! I really like your colorful outfit and your fabulous Miu Miu boots! thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday, and please come back soon. : >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Patti. Thanks for your comment. I will definitely be back!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm here from Visible Monday. what creative use of color! And the bag is very interesting. My favorite part of the outfit is the long cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, your comment is very encouraging. Thanks for writing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie!
    I am so glad that you wrote me a comment
    I love discovering Ladies like you plus you are Canadian!
    I love all that layering and the mix of patterns
    I adore your audacity and love that your age does not stop you to be so creative with your clothes.
    That coffee cup holder is so clever, nothing beats drinking coffee in your favorite cup
    What kind of reactions to you get when you show up with your cup?

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariane, hi! I know - for me too it's great to know you are in Montreal. What kind of reactions do I get with my coffee cup? Free coffee! - at least often I do, especially at my favourite shop. They know me and are getting used to my, ahem, eccentricities. And my teacup is quite small. I made another teacup holder that's a little lockable case for my Spode cup and another one not finished yet. I like to mix it up. I'll post them sometime. Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your outfit packs some edgy fashionable punch and then some!! You gook gorgeous!!
    BTW, Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet sweet comment! You surely do how to make someone's day!! Muahhhh!!
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i. just. couldn't. help. myself! You were working it! Thanks for you comment here.

      Delete
  5. You are adorable! I love all the color in this outfit and what a cool space for taking photos. The sweater is my fav! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista. Thanks for the comment! Sometimes I feel like the space is a bit overwhelming as a backdrop - all that action painting. Sometime I'll try painting custom backdrops or draping a gauze curtain over my work. I love outdoor photos because they are so bright and uncluttered, but until I find a photographer... I'm glad to know that you like my space!

      Delete
  6. You have a brilliant style. Love how your beret tops off a stunning riot of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Style Crone. As you know, I love your style as well! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...